We are looking for an experienced FT Content Strategy Manager contractor to join our Marketing team.
Even though this is a fully remote position, we're explicitly looking for a professional from an English-speaking country with English as a first language. Therefore, we will only consider applicants from these regions.
What You’ll Do:
- Write compelling copy for marketing collateral (blogs, webpages, video scripts, white papers, and more)
- Create campaigns, workflows, and emails in HubSpot
- Develop high-level narratives for buyer journey maps, personas, and customer needs analyses that can serve as blueprints for Marketing, Customer Success, and Product teams.
- Provides subject matter expertise in strategy and conversion rate optimization
What You Should Have:
- Able to think like a journalist and a psychologist
- Extremely strong marketing copywriter and wordsmith — able to convince potential clients and buyers, appeal to their emotions, and get to the heart of their pain points
- Understands not merely cranking marketing widgets, but rather creative strategy and the why behind it
- Be able to see what kinds of content are working and not working, develop a hypothesis from data, pivot on future content offering to increase conversions
- Must be a peacemaker and servant leader — an active listener who assumes positive intent and can engage respectfully with a diverse, multicultural team
- Able to do heavy-duty research into customer needs, SMB and enterprise purchasing decisions, and what makes products attractive to managers, HR professionals, and remote work leaders
- Really “gets” B2B strategy and communications
- Proficient in content-driven SEO
- Proficient in CRO or product analytics and software, such as Google Analytics (and Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, or Woopra)
- 5+ years of copywriting and editing experience
Nice to have:
- Familiar with data science and statistics;
- Familiar with Disciplined Agile, Scrum, or other project management methodologies;
- A teacher — can pass on knowledge about strategy to team members and other folks, growing and supporting them to put on a strategy-focused hat;
- Familiar with project management/team collaboration software, like Asana, Jira, Airtable, Monday, or Hubstaff Tasks;
- HubSpot expert — knows about workflows, timing, campaigns, and writing powerful subject lines and CTAs;
- Experience as a journalist, or as a writer in an agency.
- Hubstaff is a fast-growing time-tracking and project management startup that fully embraces remote work.
- Our team has people from 30 different countries: we value and welcome diverse backgrounds.
- We expect our professionals to work 40 hours/week and hope they can work with us for years to come.
- We are looking for someone from an English-speaking country with English as a first language.
- Flexibility is essential to us, so Hubstaff offers this flexibility in your day-to-day but also about the contract type.
- Our professionals can be hired as contractors (payment/hour) or as employees in more than 25 countries (salaried and getting additional benefits like vacations, paid leaves as sick or maternity or paternity leave, equipment and training bonuses, and health insurance (paid: 50%), among others,).
- We get the whole team together on our Annual Retreats to have fun while traveling and getting to know each other! So while 2020 had us virtually meeting because of the pandemic, we met in Portugal (in 2019) and Mexico (in 2018), and we had our first in-person retreat after Covid-19 in the Dominican Republic (Feb 2022).
- Annual Salary: this will depend on your country's location/currency/taxes. But you should expect a yearly gross base salary between USD 83,000.00 and USD 90,000.00.